[600MRG] Antennas....

David J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Thu Jan 18 17:53:46 CST 2018

Ken,

Can't you put three "guys" at the top of the vertical and insulate them
a third of the way down?  You would get rid of much of the lossy loading
coil.  I'm a big fan of both "Inverted L" and "Marconi T" antennas, the
first has both high angle and low angle radiation while the Marconi T
(which is just a double inverted L) has cancellation of the high angle
radiation because of the other part of the "T".

I had some "hardware cloth" that I put on the ground for my 50 foot
vertical.

73
DR