[600MRG] Antennas....

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Thu Jan 18 18:03:52 CST 2018

On 18 Jan 2018 at 18:53, David J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:

> Ken,
>
> Can't you put three "guys" at the top of the vertical and insulate them
> a third of the way down?

Well......I'd have to make those out of very small wire. The top 22 feet of my vertical is made
of aluminum tubing which is about 3/4" in diameter, with an even smaller, short section of
1/2" rod at the top. As I said, this thing is what amounts to a big mobile whip.

>  You would get rid of much of the lossy loading
> coil.  I'm a big fan of both "Inverted L" and "Marconi T" antennas, the
> first has both high angle and low angle radiation while the Marconi T
> (which is just a double inverted L) has cancellation of the high angle
> radiation because of the other part of the "T".

Yes. I'd like to do that, but at this point I can't see how I can.

> I had some "hardware cloth" that I put on the ground for my 50 foot
> vertical.

All of my radials are #14 stranded THHN wire.

BTW, I am still not receiving e-mails directly from my forum. The IP address is being
blocked by Yahoo's e-mail service. I tried to subscribe myself at my arrl.net address, and
even that is being blocked.

I'm working on this, but am getting more than a little ticked off.

Ken W7EKB

---