[600MRG] Antennas....

Ralph Hartwell w5jgv at w5jgv.com
Thu Jan 18 16:08:41 CST 2018

> So, might anyone think that my 55' vertical with a loading coil at the
bottom will be able to put out a "hearable" signal on 630 meters?

> Ken W7EKB

I was heard by several stations across the country when I used a 10 foot
high vertical with a 120 foot top load wire 10 feet off the ground.  I was
pushing about 200  watts into the antenna in MCW mode.  With the loading
coil being rather small for the antenna current, it melted the insulation on
the coil after about a day of operation. <G>

So I'd say yes, especially with 55 feet of antenna to work with.

Best DX & 73,

Ralph  W5JGV - WD2XSH/7