[600MRG] de K1TG

Joe nss at mwt.net
Sat Sep 16 17:30:41 CDT 2017

One way they could have made this soooo much simpler is if they would
have made a map GIS or something that an Amateur could zoom in on his
location and see if he is in the area of any lines.

Like In a RED Shaded area. Zero chance it's OK.

Yellow,,, contact them to see if OK,

no shading you're good to go!

That would have takes probably 90% or more "Load" off them.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 9/16/2017 5:21 PM, Glen Zook wrote:
> Having been employed by a major electric company (TXU which was the
> electric company for almost half the State of Texas) for over 10-years
> (as an in-house telecommunications consultant) and having worked with
> the UTC, I would not be surprised if they go to the FCC to get more
> time to "examine" the notifications.  The "word" is out and hundreds,
> if not thousands, of amateur radio operators have already submitted
> the "form" for notification.  The UTC will claim that they have been
> overloaded with notifications and need more time to process those
> notifications.
>

> Otherwise, according to the regulations, if you don't get a
> notification telling you that you will cause interference, after
> 30-days you can start operating.
>

> Glen, K9STH
>
> Website: http://k9sth.net

---