[600MRG] BC-453 Mods

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Wed May 24 10:50:39 CDT 2017

On 24 May 2017 at 10:59, Frank Lotito wrote:

> ref:  Paul Signorelli and Ken Gordon's recent postings on modifying the BC-453 receiver.
>
> EXCELLENT !!! This conversion may not result in a "state of the art"
> receiver.  However, in my opinion it puts a human touch on "below the
> broadcast band" radio communications.   For the antique and classic
> era radio aficionado I see this mod as providing countless hours of
> good old radio fun!  Even without the paralleled capacitor mod for 166
> KHz, the other mods for power supply enhancement certainly allows the
> owner to preserve the basic radio design while "wringing-out" the best
> of the period's RF design performance.
>
>  I would strongly suggest Paul and Ken collaborate to write an article
> for the Antique Wireless Association's publication to assure that this
> unique piece of information is enjoyed by a wider audience, and their
> project is documented and preserved in an official publication!  Maybe
> even KB5NJD might consider featuring this write-up in his CQ(?)
> Magazine column?
>
> 73 Frank Lotito  K3DZ / WH2XHA

Thank you for the suggestion, Frank.

I have already had published in Electric Radio Magazine several articles on the "ARC-5"
(generic term) receivers, the latest in the most recent issue of ER Mag.

I'll modify and extend one of those which addressed using the BC-453 or R-23(*)/ARC-5 at
MF and will submit it to AWA for possible review as soon as I can. I am a member of AWA.

vy 73 for now,

Ken W7EKB

---