[600MRG] WSPR Beacon

Dick Bingham dick.bingham at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:05:45 CST 2017

Hi Warren and group

I highly recommend the QRP-Labs *U3S* kit with the *GPS* receiver kit. I​
own three of the U3 kits and GPS
receivers​. One U3S has been dedicated to resurrecting my dead IC-551D
where its LO/synthesizer
components were no longer factory-available. The 551D is now back on the
air TXing 50.294500MHz
WSPR followed by a 50.070MHz CW-beacon transmission every 10-minutes.

The great thing about this setup is total unattended recovery after a power
failure - power returns, grid
locator and frequencies are restored and it is back on the air without
needing my attention.

A second unit is dedicated to 630-meter WSPR operation (signing 26xsh) and
the 3rd-unit is for whatever . . .

73 Dick - w7wkr/7 at CN97uj and w7wkr & wd2xsh-26 at CN98pi