[600MRG] WSPR Beacon

jrusgrove at comcast.net jrusgrove at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 12:56:53 CST 2017

Looked at those the other day. Not much in the way of technical information ... especially frequency
stability. On any given night the 500 kHz WSPR band is packed with coast to coast signals being
decoded simultaneously ... some stations separated by only several Hz. While these devices may be
suitable for less stringent HF operations they may or may not have the frequency stability suitable
for 500 kHz.

Might be a good idea to make some measurements before folks jump on the bandwagon.

Jay W1VD  WD2XNS  WE2XGR/2