[600MRG] WSPR Beacon

Hans Summers hans.summers at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:20:37 CST 2017

Hi Warren

SOTA beams is selling a  stand alone WSPR beacon
http://www.sotabeams.co.uk/wsprlite
 Its 200mW output, I emailed them and they say it will cover 500kHz-15MHz
but will need a source code mod and LPF to transmit out of the amateur
bands.
For short money one could have WSPR exciter.

Just you inform you - I run QRP Labs and we have produced a WSPR beacon kit
for over 4 years now, which is very popular. The current version is the
Ultimate3S http://qrp-labs.com/ultimate3/u3s and it has many advantages
relative to wsprlite:

1) Already covers 600m. In fact, any band from 2200m to 2m.

2) Includes your choice of LPF for any band 2200m to 6m inclusive.

3) Price starts at $33 (including LPF) which is less than half the wsprlite

4) Optionally connect a GPS (like the $23 QLG1 kit http://qrp-labs.com/qlg1
) which is really useful if you want to run WSPR for a while and make sure
the time and frequency doesn't drift off

5) PA kit available which can give 4W out on 600m, $20 see
http://qrp-labs.com . Without the PA, you can add extra transistors in the
PA and get it to about 1W on 600m.

6) Standalone, no PC required for configuration.  Buttons and LCD user
interface to configure it and watch the operation.

7) configurable PTT output to key an external PA, with delay before and
after the RF, to avoid hot-keying

8) x2 output option (configurable) for people with a big 600m PA with a
divide-by-2 circuit in front for push-pull

9) The list goes on... for more - see http://qrp-labs.com/ultimate3/u3s

I know there are some people on this group using the Ultimate3S and happy
with it.

73 Hans G0UPL
http://qrp-labs.com