[600MRG] 600MRG Digest, Vol 70, Issue 10

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Sun Feb 12 15:32:16 CST 2017

No idea where you are listening or checking activity,  but the band is
wide open and
has been for the entire winter here,  I have had two way with VK for
well over a year.
Last nite was copying from Japan, to Australia, to Vermont east coast etc.
I call that DX.   If your not hearing any of the activity there has to
be something
wrong with your receive set up,  there are up to 100 stations active
many nites.
If your going to set up a CW "beacon" try going out of the WSPR band, if
you state
your freq many will tune and try to listen for you.
An hour before sunset is prime time for DX to come through, at least
here,  I daily
copy stations 2500 to 3000 miles away one hour before sunset.
WSPR freqs are mucho crowded as it is,  set up just outside those freqs
and call CQ
and ask for reports.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6    WH2XCR