[600MRG] the neon bulb

lstoskopf@cox.net lstoskopf@cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Fri Dec 1 14:18:57 CST 2017

Worse than that.  I built one of the board frame 6AG7 oscillator and separate 1625 amp setups from the 1950s ARRL Handbook.  Used light bulbs in series with the B+ to tune for dip plus a lead pencil to draw and arc from the final.  You didn't want to touch the brass around the eraser.  Dad was always complaining about the lead in the pencils being so hard that he could barely write.  Only one finger burn that took weeks to heal.  N0UU  Would build another if I could find some bell wire.