[600MRG] WD2XSH/12 CW beacon loud this morning

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Fri May 13 06:14:57 CDT 2016

Mike, XSH12 was loud (S7) this morning  as I was prepping for my weekday
morning CW sked on 474.5 at 1030z.  It was dumb luck that I heard him,
however, because the station I have a sked with is to my SE and is best
heard on the bi-directional multiturn resonant loop where the reciprocal
path happens to be towards Colorado.

Nice to hear another QRV late season CW station.  I was hoping Mike might
have been in the shack and I did call him a few times between breaks but
sounds like he was just running the beacon.

I usually hang around for a few minutes after the sked ends at 1100z to see
if anyone else is around and check a variety of directions.  Please jump in
and say hi if you hear us and make long calls because it usually takes a
minutes to cycle through the antennas.

73!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..