[600MRG] LW / MF Loopstick with Pre-amp

k2ors at verizon.net k2ors at verizon.net
Mon May 2 06:50:17 CDT 2016

 The reason that the null was stronger in one direction is that the winding is located off-center from the ferrite loopstick.

 73 Warren K2ORS
 WD2XGJ
 WD2XSH/23
 WE2XEB/2
 WE2XGR/1

On 05/01/16, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to find the name or call sign of the man who was selling
18 inch PVC pipe with an antenna inside. It turned out to be a very
effective LF and MF antenna system. What was inside was probably a
large loopstick. The interesting thing about this loopstick is that
it had exceptional nulling power, and it was sold in a frame (as far
as I understand) in which it can be rotated and also tilted. The
darned thing really picks up and for some reason the null was
strongest only in one direction, In the 180 degree rotation, it was
slightly less nulled out, so that if you knew the location of the
beacon, you leaned that 90 degrees from the complete null would be the
vector to the station - without using a sense antenna. The ferrite
stick must have been wound with a shield of copper with only one end
exposed and unwrapped.

This hasn't been confirmed since no one wants to open this sensational
antenna! But it works as a great direction finder!

Maybe 2013, 2014, 2015?

This man made three or four of them and sold them at NEAR FEST in New Hampshire.

73

David N1EA