[600MRG] measuring noise level ?

Pat Hamel pehamel at cableone.net
Sun Jul 17 00:25:14 CDT 2016

The point is that a station with an S-8 noise level on 600 meters (like
WD2XSH/6 before I gave up) will be reduced to beaconing because he can't
hear anything else, but the station with low noise is the one to email and
ask to check your signal when you change something.
Knowing noise level and geographic location comes in handy if you want to
make nightly schedules.
 When I could hear something, I scheduled a station in New York for
temperature reports nightly one season.
73,
Pat W5THT & WD2XSH/6
P.S. The transmitter amp is still available for someone who will pay postage
or pick it up - see QST mar 2008.