[600MRG] WSPRnet problems

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 12:55:43 CST 2016

Those are all details that will come out from the point person for the
project in the future but from what I understand, WSPR data will be
rerouted to the new site which will then forward data to WSPRnet on the
back end.  WSPRnet ceases to be a bottle neck. The changes are at the
networking level of your PC and a procedure for managing that will be
developed when the system is ready.  As far as data is concerned, you are
asking questions that I don't know the answer to and the developers are
probably not ready to discuss in a public forum at this time.  I mention
this only to bring some hope to everyone that is suffering through the
problems.  We have become very dependent on the information that WSPR and
WSPRnet provide and as mentioned in December when this last happened, its a
free, volunteer service so we don't have a lot of latitude to complain but
we do need to find a solution which is what precipitated all of this.  You
can see periodic updates in the ON4KST chat where a lot of the real time
testing is being coordinated.

73,

jl