[600MRG] Ferrite antennas

J Mcvey ac2eu at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 20:56:19 CST 2016

Does it have to be ferrite based?One of the more innovative things I saw, was loop antenna made from some old (40 -50?? conductor) flat ribbon computer cable.He offset the end to end alignment by one conductor and soldered each wire end to end which resulted in a multi turn loop for VLF and MF . He said he used it with very good results. It was a diamond shape and about 3 or 4 foot  across if I can remember dimensions by just looking...
Without lossy media, I think it would perform better , no?