[600MRG] Ferrite antennas

Marshall Cross mcross at megawave.com
Mon Feb 15 13:01:41 CST 2016

We make MF and H F ferrite loaded antennas for the government. There are hundreds of published papers on the subject. One lesson we learned 10 years ago is that efficient rod cores cannot be made by placing toroids next to each other in pvc pipes. We purchase our cores from National Magnetics in PA. Ferrites that are used as common mode chokes often have a high loss tangent so both mu prime and mu double prime are the two most important parameters to consider when selecting the best ferrite rod for the band of interest. If you are interested in experimenting with ferrite loaded receive antennas, let me know and I will Xerox some papers and textbook chapters for you. 73, Marshall, W1HK, #41.

Sent from my iPhone