[600MRG] Tuning my transmitter

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 13:48:24 CDT 2015

One additional comment would be that you might try removing one of the
FET's and drive a single as a test.  The gate capacitance is pretty high on
the 540 and that could complicate things a bit.

The PVC coils are difficult to get right and have an impact to Q due to the
use of PVC forms.  Don't get too hung up on measuring the inductance and
getting it "just so", instead, wind on T106-2 with the values I sent and it
should be spot on.  That design is incredibly forgiving and wants to make
power...

You should see huge power possibilities with at design.  I run out of power
supply around 160w but the amp is no worse because of it and has even more
headroom to spar.

73 and good luck!

John