[600MRG] Tuning my transmitter

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 09:37:40 CDT 2015

Steve -

First make sure you are using the most current revision to the circuit.
Here is a link to current revision:
http://www.gw3uep.ukfsn.org/100W_QTX/100WTX/PA_cmos.gif

Note that there is a 680 pF in parallel with C1.  That was missed in
earlier revisions.  It will have a major impact.

Note also that C2 has an additional 1200 pF in parallel for a total of
17000 pF.

I also find switching to ferrite rather than using the PVC coil forms is a
lot better.

Using a T106-2, L1 (12 uH): 30 turns, L2 (6.5 uH): 22 turns, L3 (16 uH): 34
turns.

You mention two FET's, Im guessing you duplicated the clipper
diode/resistor pair on the gate for each FET...

Candidly, I have built these in my sleep, hastily tacking down junk to a
copper board, and even being sloppy I can get better than 85% efficiency on
the first try so I am guessing maybe you have some component tolerances
that are not tight enough (2.5% can be important in the filter network) or
have left a few of the revised parts out as mentioned above.  This should
be a design that just works right out of the box.

73 and good luck!

John XIQ