[600MRG] Measuring power

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 18:27:13 CDT 2015

John wrote:

>There is no one here as an individual or a whole that isgoing to
>affect that change and get the FCC to make a move until *they* are
>ready to act on the matter.

Sounds like you assume that only the handful of currently interested guys could be involved.  If that's all we have to work with then your pessimistic view is justified.  But I was suggesting that if greater lobbying effort were made we could perhaps influence the situation to some degree.  The FCC does not chart its own destiny entirely - in the case of other services I've often seen it respond readily to interest, enthusiasm, commercial opportunities, and political pressure.

My own 630m experimental work has been entirely geared toward demonstrating the practicality of hams setting up stations for operation on 475 kHz in places where HF stations are set up now.  I believe my goal has been met and I hope to produce an article summarizing my findings.  It is meant to stimulate broader interest in the new band, and I hope that this in turn would cause the ARRL to organize the interest and enthusiasm into something the FCC would respond to.

Steve WD8DAS / WH2XHY

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.