[600MRG] Measuring power

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 18:35:28 CDT 2015

Brandon wrote:

>Probably a silly question but.. I assume an Extralicense
>is requiredbefore applying for an experimental license?

No, the experimental licenses are in a completely different radio service (Experimental Radio Service) and are not related to the amateur service.  Part 5 of the FCC rules covers these experimental stations.  Their purpose is to facilitate basic scientific and technical radio research; for the development of radio techniques, new equipment, or engineering data; for technical demonstrations of equipment or techniques; or for field strength surveys.

http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/function/

The FCC's Office of Engineering and Technology manages this service and handles the applications for experimental licenses.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/els/

Steve WD8DAS / WH2XHY

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/