[600MRG] Modifying a MFJ259C

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Jun 1 21:44:57 CDT 2015

>From John Langridge:

One additional comment I wanted to make about the analyzer is that if Dick
is going to buy new, he should look at a Rig Expert... They have a variety of
models and prices but they are far more accurate than the MFJ if he is
looking for solid numbers.  If he had an MFJ already, I would say its worth
the effort to make the mod, whether it be the invasion mod that I had to do
on the 259B or the slug adjustment on the 259C...  the 259C stops at 500kc
BUT the slug has enough turns left that you can get enough inductance to
get down to 472.  Quality product, but ballpark numbers.  Rig EXpert is
considerably more expensive but a far superior instrument.

73 and thanks again!

John XIQ