[600MRG] Modifying a MFJ259C

Eric NO3M no3m at no3m.net
Mon Jun 1 23:22:50 CDT 2015

I second looking into a Rig Expert analyzer.  They will go down to 100
kHz out of the box, and the upper limit depends on the model. If you
want something to go up to 6M, an AA-54 will do.  I have a AA-54 and
have found it indispensable for portable or in-shack measurements, incl.
630M, 2200M, all my RX arrays (switchAA-54 into 75 ohm reference mode).

There is a MFJ 259CM that was recently released which is spec'd for 470
kHz - 230 MHz, "In anticipation of the pending 600 meter US Amateur
Radio allocation".  DX Engineering has it listed for $299.95.

The Rig Expert AA-54 is listed at DXE for $309.95, $10 more than a MFJ
259CM or $40 more than the MFJ 259C that you still have to "mod".

73 Eric NO3M / WG2XJM