[600MRG] tonight's test plan....

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Sun Feb 22 16:27:50 CST 2015

WH2XGP will probably NOT be transmitting WSPR tonight.

I am going to try to expand the test plan to include three independent
receivers decoding WSPR beacons and uploading to WSPRnet using three
different callsigns. To prevent bogus/spurious WSPRnet spots, TX'ing
will not be attempted.

The three setups:

#1 WH2XGP - 600' Beverage On Ground - TS-590S (this is the normal
station run on WSPR, JT9 and CW)

#2 W7IUV - W1VD style amplifier with 4' whip - HB xvtr- IC-706 (backup
station)

#3 K9VBS - Hi-Z 2 element array, FTDX-3000 (one of my HF stations that
hears very well on 630 mtrs, the callsign used is my wife's)

Each receiver is run to a separate computer each running WSPR 4.0 r4171.
All three receivers have demonstrated identical decode sensitivities
when connected to the same antenna so any differences seen will be due
to the test antennas not the receivers.

Interested parties will be able to follow the uploaded data in near real
time on WSPRnet.org. Be advised the three calls used all have the same
locator so you will only be able to see one of them on the WSPR map. To
see them all, you need to specify each call in the search fields for the
map and/or the database.

I hope to start the run around my sunset and run all night.

73,

Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP