[600MRG] My Mistake - Good Signals Now

KU4XR ku4xrradio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 23:06:09 CDT 2015

As I have proven to myself many times before ; Noise, does not mean signals !
The Air Variables going to ground were giving a " Noise Peak " but no signals !
Dis-connecting the caps made all but the strongest static crashes hearable...
BUT !! A trace started showing up on the WSPR waterfall, and XXM decoded...
I tried a Series Tunable Inductor and Wah-Lah !! Splendid signals ! Almost no
noise to speak of, and the WSPR signals are clearly audible.. The short Rod
antenna is spaced about 4 inches from the wall ( can't swear that there isn't
some coupling going on  ), and is vertical in position to minimize the
Directional
effect of a Rod Antenna... Very pleased with it now; so let's see what the rest
of the night produces..

73:

Andy - KU4XR