[600MRG] 630 meter WSPR at KU4XR 8-15/16-2015

KU4XR ku4xrradio at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 10:53:19 CDT 2015

Greetings all: I'll try not to old buzzard this report since most
comments are concentrating
on the US to VK path.. The band was excellent Sat. night, but NOT as
good as Fri. night..
The CME ?? Maybe, Maybe Not ... Also noted that the band started out
strong early on,
then seemed to weaken into Sun. morning which is backward to my normal
reception..
Another noted effect was that reception to my SW was very strong, but
propagation to
my NW never seemed to get off the ground so to speak.. Spot totals here:
WD2XSH/15 - 1 spot.. I showed 4 <...> non-decodes, and several
waterfall traces that were
visibly strong enough to decode ... XSH/15 has typically been a
difficult station for me to
receive, with reason unknown..
WH2XGP - 4 spots ... usually I get many more spots.. Fridays event
produced 14 spots..
The two neighbors - WH2XRR, and WH2XXC both started out strong, and
hung in for the
night.. XRR - 44 spots , and XXC - 73 spots.. What intrigues me is
that XXC is showing
1/2 watt on power...
WG2XJM - 37 spots... a bit misleading because I'm sure that Eric
transmitted at random
times.. He is easily hearable at my QTH during early evening, and late
morning daylight..
WH2XND - 54 spots.. getting more as the season progresses..
Finally, the 2 usual powerhouse's : WG2XIQ - 106 spots, and WG2XXM - 150 spots
Both of these stations I have held WSPR signals into late afternoon hours before
absorption took over..
Parting comment: As Jim mentioned the different characteristics
between 160 meters,
and 630 meters; I have learned that in my short time of experimenting
between both bands.
My receive observations, are that for a given distance; 630 meter
signals are more
predictable, and hold in longer than 160 meters..This comment isn't
for every station,
every time, but in general day to day reception.. This isn't new news
to anyone, just my
observational comments..

Thank you for your time, and have a splendid day :

Andy - KU4XR