[600MRG] Ground wave propagation

jeremy maris jeremy at maris.plus.com
Wed Aug 12 18:15:27 CDT 2015

Hi Rudy,

There's an ITU  ground wave propagation program  GRWAVE written in Fortran that I compiled  on Linux  some time ago. I used it  to compare field strength readings from local BC stations with that from our top band antenna, and it seemed to account quite well for the poorer ground wave propagation on 1.8MHz than medium wave.

It  was recently referenced in this paper:

"Sharing and compatibility analysis of possible amateur service stations with fixed, land mobile, and radiolocation services in the frequency band 5 250-5 450 kHz and the aeronautical mobile service in an adjacent band"

http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-r/opb/rep/R-REP-M.2335-2014-PDF-E.pdf

Unfortunately the link to the program in the paper is broken, but  searching on the ITU site yields this link:

https://www.itu.int/oth/R0A0400000F/en

which has the Fortran source and a Windows executable.

73,

Jeremy  G3XDK /  G4AQG