[600MRG] Ground wave propagation

Laurence KL7 L hellozerohellozero at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 12 18:42:04 CDT 2015

Got to say its hugely interesting watching the spectrum analyser levels change on the drive in to Work here in Anchorage and how HUGE of an increase you get within a few hundred to 1000 metres of a salt water path and how quickly as you move away over glacial morraine how quickly that advantage falls away - and how mountains shadows signals so much up here at MW and LF
Propagation over the land masses here involves skirting around/over the mountains, parts land, part sea and the FCC Ground Wave profiles set against conductivity is a bit finger in the air here. Just moving a Mile  or two can produce a 20dB change in Ground wave level on a line of site path to the transmitter site some 50Kms away - Ive never seen a place like it....except Hawaii or Antarctica where very odd things can happen :-)
Thanks for the link Jeremy
Laurence KL7L et al