[600MRG] reformatted question on Path Loss

Neil Klagge w0yse at msn.com
Tue Aug 11 16:19:12 CDT 2015

 (I had to re format this email. It got mushhhhed together the first time, HI)

Anyone know how to make use of this formula for 630m ground wave predictions?

Path loss  in (dB) , PL = 22+20 Log W
Where W equals number of wavelengths from the source

I dont recall where I got this from some time ago. I was comparing the PL between me and Rudy, and between  me and John Gibbs, VE7BDQ.

I was getting a PL of ~74 dB between me and Rudy (249km), and a PL of ~77 dB between me and John (373km) up near the "other Vancouver". And yet, I am seeing (in the database) a difference between their decodes of my XSV of about 10 dB during daytime.

Dont know what to make of it...

*´¨)

My Faith website: http://neilsfaith.webs.com/
My ham radio websites: http://w0yse.webs.com/ and http://wg2xsv.webs.com