[600MRG] Ground wave question....fm XSV

Neil Klagge w0yse at msn.com
Tue Aug 11 15:39:21 CDT 2015

Anyone know how to make use of this formula for 630m ground wave predictions?
Path loss  in DBPL = 22+20 Log WWhere W equals number of wavelengths from the source
I dont recall where I got this from some time ago. I was comparing the PL between me and Rudy, and between  me and John Gibbs, VE7BDQ. I am getting a PL of ~74 dB between me and Rudy (249km), and a PL of ~77 dB between me and John (373km) up near the "other Vancouver".

And yet, I am getting a difference between their decodes of my XSV of about 10 dB during daytime.

Dont know what to make of it...

*´¨)

My Faith website: http://neilsfaith.webs.com/
My ham radio websites: http://w0yse.webs.com/ and http://wg2xsv.webs.com