[600MRG] Amp

kl7aj at acsalaska.net kl7aj at acsalaska.net
Mon Aug 3 14:59:29 CDT 2015

Your mileage may vary here:

When I was working at HIPAS, we had an experimental VLF setup for some
data exchange.  We used a loaded 30 foot vertical driven directly with
a pulse generator.  The Q of the antenna (in the 180kHz range, as I
recall) was so high that it was a pure sine wave being emitted from the
antenna.  I would imagine tthat 90% of the antennas used on this
experiment would exhibit the same properties!   Of couse you want to
check it out, but I think you'll see the same thing.

Eric