[600MRG] Amp

Charles Conner kzerong at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:57:13 CDT 2015

GREETINGS folks:    I hear a lot of chatter about this "Linear and that "
linear.

JMA, If your linear is really linear, the efficency is around 30% .
If the same linear is operated as Class C, the "bias" has to be 4 times
more than the bias value above (AB1 ??) Only then will the effiency
approach 70 %. Clean CW signals work well with "linear"s . The CW
signal should  be as clean as any other good  mode. If you want to hear
some distortion of digital signals, Just listen for over driven inputs
with any mode. , including CW.

PS;  Surplus or new distortion measurement are available to measure
any mode of distortion. A good scope is good to see distortion also.
JMOP es 73,   Charlie, K0NG   ..