[600MRG] Amp

John Langridge kb5njd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:55:11 CDT 2015

>Please remember that at HF, at least, clicks can be not only accentuated,
but
even generated, by propagation effects. In my 59 years as a ham, I have
heard this effect often. I spend most of my ham time on CW.

Ken, you make a really good point here... Taking it a few steps further.

While the engineer will want to optimize ad infinitum, at the end of the
day its going to be a mountain out a mole hill because few stations will
actually be loud enough on a consistent basis to be a real issue.  And
thats another point that has been made time and time again over the years
on the topband reflector.  While key clicks can impact anyone, the most
egregious offenders are the ones that are the loudest...  right or wrong to
ignore?  that's a different question entirely...

I've never heard anyone with key clicks on 630m after being on the air just
about every night since 2012... and its not because there is no CW
running... its because signals are either sufficiently weak that the clicks
are not heard or they are not present.

73,

john