[600MRG] On behalf of Merv, K9FD/KH6 / WH2XCR

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 28 18:57:51 CDT 2014

Merv is busy fighting a clock problem on his WSPR machine and asked me to send a report on his behalf on last night from KH6.

In addition to the usual suspect that have been making the long haul to KH6 nightly, including WD2XSH/20, WH2XGP, WG2XXM, VE7BDQ and WG2XIQ, Eric, WG2XJM / NO3M has now made the remarkable long haul from Western PA to Molokai at over 7000 km...Really fantastic.  Who is next?  Merv is in a very quiet location on the northside of Molokai almost at the water using good RX antennas and apparently there is lots of headroom on S/N remaining.  If you have the capability to run WSPR on 630m, please consider doing so during the overnight hours.  We are very early in this season and if this start is any indication of what we might expect later, I suspect QSO's with KH6 will be the "easy" norm once Merv's TX system is online.  That's pretty cool...

73 and good luck!

John XIQ