[600MRG] Sunday --> Monday condx

Laurence KL7 L hellozerohellozero at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:58:01 CDT 2014

Very interesting John - What Ive found here empirically is a very small change in latitude/long be it Geographically or magnetic has a profound difference in prop just over a few hundred Kms.

I put in as =- sitting inside a  double metal box but with a couple of  small holes drilling in each and if Im lucky I can squint and see out, but only if perfectly aligned, and what I see is pretty limited. Other peoples' drill holes appear to be differently aligned -

 My holes appear to be very small :-)

Last night, before the whole neighborhood lost AC power I had warnings of K>4 with "persistence" from NOAA which means normally for me the band will produce poorish results - BUT the word "normally"  is important as we all know the iono is a recalcitrant child and loves to play games, resulting in some really "scratch your bonce" (as we say in the UK) responses to Solar events.

Just getting light here now - hopefully get back into the forest for some more antennae work today....getting cold at night.

Laurence WE2XPQ KL7L