[600MRG] XXM and XSV note

Frank Lotito k3dz at live.com
Tue Oct 28 08:50:55 CDT 2014

Or - another possibility for a signal containing 60*n Hz side bands instead of power supply hum - The circuits being used to generate the digitally coded audio tones and the 630 meter exciter signal may be the cause of the 60 Hz hum?  I'm sure we all remember the early days of computer generated digital modulated methods where the TX and RX audio lines going to and from the sound card a 1:1 isolation transformer was used to "break the ground loop."  (I believe that is still the case today.) Could the ground loop at the transmitting station be the culprit for some "transmitting" stations?  Can the "monitoring" station be part of the problem? -
One more point - 60*n Hz hum or 120 *n Hz hum?  Would a full wave rectified DC power supply be characterized by 120*n Hz hum?  If so, that may be a clue -

73 Frank Lotito K3DZ - pending WH2XHA