[600MRG] RAKs and such - ballast tube.

Sandy Blaize ebjr37 at charter.net
Mon Nov 3 15:24:41 CST 2014

I have  an RAL-7, but it is far from pristine!  The RAL is a very
unusual receiver.  Probably the finest TRF/Regen receiver I have EVER used!
As a teen ager I thought it was "clunky", old and obsolete.  Who wants a
receiver that isn't even calibrated and has only a logging scale for
reference!!!  I WAS stupid in my teen age years as I could have probably
bought a brand new RAL-7 in the crate for $30 or less.  People used to
bring them to hamfests for sale and dumped them in the dumpsters rather
than lug them back home again!
I have NEVER seen any other receiver that you could rely on to find a
frequency that you needed to find and exactly!  Even on SSB!  The old
Navy CPO's LOVED them.  It took me YEARS to find out why when I finally
got one!

Are there any guys with "junkers-parts units" around?  I need one coil
(RF amplifier coil) for mine that is in the 2 Mhz region.  Need to get
the info again for a search to find a replacement one.  Also looking for
a regeneration control.  Mine is almost getting ready to crap out.  I
plan it to eventually be in a new ham shack in the main house with a
Collins TCS transmitter which I like very much for CW on 160-30 meters.

Take care all.

73,

Sandy W5TVW