[600MRG] A better explanation of the need for emcomm fallback modes.

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 17:55:59 CST 2014

Glen wrote:

>The problem with CW is that the majority of amateur radio
>operators these days can't copy the emissions!

There is a surprising amount of CW activity on the HF bands.  But I doubt that the percentage of operators who know CW makes much difference in the case of 630 meters...the bigger challenge that narrows the field of possible operators is the difficulty of building an effective station.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.wd8das.net/
Radio is your best entertainment value.