[600MRG] A better explanation of the need for emcomm fallback modes.

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 04:21:05 CST 2014

On 03/04/2014 11:47 PM, Glen Zook wrote:
> The problem with CW is that the majority of amateur radio operators these days can't copy the emissions!
>
> Now I am definitely in favor of CW being allowed!  However, I have been licensed long enough to know CW (almost 54-years)!  Just being a bit selfish! :>)
>
> Glen, K9STH
>

> Website:  http://k9sth.com

Hi Glenn...
....Everybody,

There seems to be a resurgence among hams new and old in the ole Morris
Code <evil grin>. SKCC numbers are in five digits now. There is more
interest in code practice programs to help get CW newcomers (regardless
of their ham tenure) up and running with CW and to increase CW
proficiency. That doesn't mean everybody who comes near a radio is
jumping on the bandwagon but CW is *NOT* in decline. It's widely
'advertised' that slow speed CW is alive and well from 7100 to 7125 kc
in the "old novice band" for on-the-air CW 'exercise'. Tune your radios
up there once in a while and add to the opportunities for CW newcomers
to have a QSO.

73,

Bill  KU8H