[600MRG] 600 meter grid dippers

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Jan 17 13:21:18 CST 2014

Gee, I only got $1200 for a pirate copy of a spherical audion. Made in Lynn
MA where there were a couple of lamp factories and entepreneurs in those
early radio days (-;  Even the filament was good. I got it in Lynn from an
estate of an old time ham. The 3 sons (typical rough trade Irish) thought
everything was gold, especially any audiophool tube they could price on
Fleabay. I passed on all that stuff and stuck to old house radios from the
20-30's, NIB regular tubes, lots of decent parts and the audion was stuffed
in a small ratty cardbox with small parts, they thought it was just a light
bulb! Walked out with a 1T extended chassis Dodge van load packed to the
roof for $500, sold a couple of radios to recoup the purchase and milked the
rest over a couple of years on Fleabay and elsewhere.

Carl
KM1H