[600MRG] Ground Wave Propo

Neil Klagge w0yse.7 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 18:57:39 CST 2014

Mike, your experiment was interesting to me. I recently tried the same
thing with my ~15 watt cw signal on 630m. I was only able to hear it up to
about 35 miles. My radio was the FT857d but my antenna was just an 80m
hamstick with a resonant base coil tuned to 475 kHz, not a very good one.
One of these days I want to take a portable E-probe out and see what the
difference might be.  Your 3 watts at 50 miles is impressive. Thanks for
posting about it.

Neil, wg2xsv

--
*"I use the original form of social networking, Amateur Radio." *
              *(my ham radio site is at 'w0yse.webs.com