[600MRG] Ground Wave Propo

Mike.WE0H we0h at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 18:34:29 CST 2014

I ran CW by the ear tests for a long time during daylight hours and
found 3w into the feedline gave rock solid 100 mile coverage with no
special equipment needed to hear it. It does go much further but that
was a distance used as a reference. Using my Sangean ATS-909 with it's
internal loopstick I could hear that 3w CW at 50 miles out like a piece
of cake on any day. When I bumped it up to 90w into the feedline it was
stupid loud :-P Fun stuff doing that local testing.

Mike
WE0H
/16