[600MRG] Any FCC news on 600m?

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Thu Jan 2 14:56:57 CST 2014

It would seem to me contacting ARRL officials, that "may" have some
influence in the obtaining amateur radio band on 630m, by members of
the "official" ARRL Experimental Group on 600m would be accepted and
appropriate.  Maybe even carry a little more influence than from the
general ham community?  I would include any US experimental station
on 600m, even if not a part of this group.

I, for one, am content to wait a bit more to see what develops.  FCC
is slow bureaucracy so things take time with them.  It doesn't seem
to impact "our" current activity on the band whether amateur status
comes quickly or not.  Seems with the recent addition of experimental
licenses the FCC is content with having experimental stations activity on 600m.

On the other hand I would not recommend a write in program to FCC,
directly. I think things are set into motion with ARRL's request and
we should give that process a chance to work.

And, yes, I am a member and former ASM in AK.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: