[600MRG] Any FCC news on 600m?

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 2 14:41:38 CST 2014

Oh this makes my head hurt...

I  tend to agree with Steve and Warren's assertions on this matter.  I know the MRHS has an objection to us being on 500khz proper and I certainly understand and they are certainly outspoken for their convictions.  I respect that a lot.  I am also aware or a few other "objectors" and having spoken to a lot of people about the band, have heard the argument about keeping it a part 5 band.  Those are all opinions and we all know what those are like...

We should not be afraid to contact those who represent us.  Sometimes I feel like the perception is that we work for them.  I pay my dues to the ARRL and I tend to get in their face about issues that bother me.  Sometimes successfully, sometimes not but they know how I feel when I am done.

I'm also cool, to a degree, with just standing by and letting the process run its course if I can see some progress, but being on the band already makes that easier to swallow.  What I get irritated with is when I ask the league why the matter of symbol rate in digital systems  has gotten priority over the MF and LF matter and I don't get a response.

I don't intend on this being an ARRL bashing session, although I have a lot of issues with the league.  I still agree that without them, ham radio is in trouble.  But I also think they base much of their policy and direction on responses to their "insta-polls" which is like rolling the dice much of the time.

I hope 630m gets resolved in 2014..I would love to have a larger pool of ops to QSO with...

73,

John XIQ