[600MRG] XSH/20 and VK

Rudy Severns n6lf at epud.net
Wed Aug 27 13:15:57 CDT 2014

I sent this note to David VK2DDI.  73, Rudy

"Thanks very much David for the report of what may be my signal in VK.  I've
been transmitting at 475.680 kHz +/-.  I'll make it a point to transmit
every night  possible and  run with my allowed max radiated power of 20W.  I
can also increase the frequency of transmission from 20% to 50% if that
would help??  I usually keep the frequency of transmission low so I have
more time to listen for other stations since the rx is blanked during
transmission.  Of course I can also change my transmission frequency if that
would fit your grabber settings better?

It will be very interesting to explore the path from W7 to VK on 630m.  If
it exists with any regularity perhaps after the US gets authorized a QSO
with WSQ or JT9 might be possible.  That would be something but it's too
early to speculate much.

73, Rudy N6LF, WD2XSH/20"