[600MRG] My Tree-Tenna Experiment - 8-13-2014

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Wed Aug 13 20:08:16 CDT 2014

I made no changes to my matching after cutting the " wire " so as to see
if the tree was actually having any effect on received signal levels..
For the sake of " Saying I Did "; I plan to leave the " wire "
disconnected from the tree for a few days, and monitor the 630 meter
WSPR stations to see the results..

Do not see how this is any comparison at all,  if you are tuning the wire
when connected to the tree,  for a fair comparison you would have to
retune the wire again after disconnecting,

I would say that most of your signal is coming from the wire
picking it up,  that is also proven when you lay the wire on the
ground,  if it
were not the major contributor to signal,  the signals would not have
changed
much at all.  You have more pickup on the wire than you do on the tree.

73 Merv K9FD/KH6