[600MRG] My local noise - more info...

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 22 13:56:06 CDT 2013

>I have seen tests of others, like MFJ's, on youtube. Some work very well,
others don't.

I've seen some of these tested and implemented correctly and incorrectly in the past.  the circuits are not rocket science so I think more often than not the problems that exist involve 1) last of a proper "noise" antenna that can actually hear the noise in question - it has to be able to do this if it is to phase it out and 2) the noise can't be in the direction that the noise antenna resides with respect to the main antenna.  These seem to work pretty well from what I have seen and have considered one here recently as the noise floor appears to be headed upward.  I think most recently KL7L was using one in conjunction with his K9AY loop to manage the noise from the electric fence, IIRC.

73 and good luck,

John XIQ