[600MRG] New RadioTelegraph License

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Tue May 21 13:23:28 CDT 2013

Thank you.  I wrote an article for QST on the Chinese 222-1 receiver.  It is posted on my website at ...

http://www.wd8das.net/222-1.pdf

It is a sort of hybrid of many of the late tube designs and performs very well.  I do wish it went lower in frequency coverage, though... Many military and government receivers seem to stop at the top of the AM broadcast band - I think it was an attempt to keep operators who were supposed to be monitoring frequency xxxx from instead listening to their favorite broadcast station.

Here's a higher-resolution photo of the receiver...

http://www.wd8das.net/222-1hires.jpg

And here's the schematic...

http://www.wd8das.net/222-1schem.pdf

Steve