[600MRG] modified MFJ Antenna analyzer failure

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Thu Mar 21 11:43:11 CDT 2013

John,

Coincidentally, I blew the front-end of my MFJ-269B.  I was checking
the match of a HB coax switch matrix and 26vdc was applied to the MFJ
antenna.  They specifically warn against applying any dc
voltage.  There are diodes in the ckt that probably are gone.  I
debated fixing it myself but decided the possible pcb damage from
removing surface-mount devices made factory repair a better