[600MRG] 630-Meter Antenna Z Measurements

Sandy Blaize ebjr37 at charter.net
Thu Mar 21 15:49:47 CDT 2013

The absolute best thing for measuring antenna impedance (R+ or - j).  Is
still the big General Radio RF Bridge!  It uses a receiver for a null
detector and can be relied on although the auxiliary stuff required is a
receiver and a good stable signal generator.   Most of the bridges that are
solid state and "all in one" all can be compromised by interference by
strong fields the "antenna under test" happens to be "immersed" in!  I guess
this is why they still are in use by a lot of the broadcast band engineers.

73,
Sandy W5TVW