[600MRG] modified MFJ Antenna analyzer failure

John Langridge jlangridge at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 21 11:59:17 CDT 2013

Ed,

Thanks again!  Just as I sent my message to the list, I received the following
response from MFJ so I will be giving them a call:

"must be the schottky diodes d1-d4 then.  those are 2820 surface mounts.
call jimmie allen, analyzer repair technician, 1-800-647-8324 or 1-662-323-0549
for more information."

As you say, $70-80 is not bad for a $400 unit unless this happens every 6
months.. really not sure what happened as nothing was different from a normal
session.  Its been more humid so static is not what it had been and no storms
were around... who knows?

Anyway, at my QTH I've never had any problems with BCI even with a 50kw around
20 miles west of me.  Interestingly, the FM's and TV's 5 miles south of me seem
to cause most people around here the greatest problems, but its never been an
issues for me.

73 and thanks again!

John /NJD/XIQ